Recent Medicare changes with the therapy cap and manual medical reviews have made it critical for all therapists to understand exactly how to document patient care and follow CMS guidelines. Failure to do so can not only cause denials, but can also turn a probe audit or a response to an ADR request into a full series of continual audits, prepayment review, and potential referral for progressive corrective action. More and more practices are having services denied, and in some cases facing audits that are bringing on hefty fines, paybacks, or worse – close to losing their practice. Join us with compliance expert Nancy Beckley in this webinar and learn:
- What every therapist needs to know about documentation and Medicare right now
- Critical elements of “good” documentation, and what we’ve learned from the Manual Medical Review Process
- Necessary steps for best practices with documentation
- How to create documentation for various levels of complexity
- What is Medical necessity REALLY? And why does it seem to be causing denials in Manual Medical Review?
Nancy is a certified in healthcare compliance by the Healthcare Compliance Certification Board, and is considered a compliance expert in outpatient rehabilitation. She has been conducting compliance training and education for over 12 years, is a Compliance Columnist for APTA’s IMPACT Magazine, and works with providers on probe reviews, MAC Corrective Action Plans, ZPIC investigations, and Corporate Integrity Agreements. In an effort to help practices navigate the overwhelming Medicare changes and new requirements, Nancy has graciously offered to host a series of complimentary webinars on Medicare compliance to help educate all therapists.
Space is limited and filling up fast, so hurry and register today!